Trojan detected PSW.OnlineGames_c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone.

Normally im pretty good with not getting anything, but this has been a MAJOR exception. A friend of mine sent me an EXE over MSN and foolishly i opened it without questioning.

Immediatly i just realised what had happened so i fired up AVG, and about 10 mins later it found this trojan. From its name and some googling i gather its a keylogger and to be honest i am very scared :(

AVG killed it, but to make sure i did a system restore back a day. I also plan to format ASAP. What im worried about is what could have happened. Theoretically I havnt logged in to any banks, but my play.com password was "remembered" by firefox. The name OnlineGames also suggests it probably steals steam passwords. Ive changed that, im hoping its not too late.

I've never been in this situation so i dont know what to do! System restore seems to have fixed it for now, although a format is on the menu tommorow.

If anyone could advise me i would be very greatful.

Hi Kris2456 and welcome to techspot. =)

I suggest you do the following before doing anything else

Important: Please read this thread HERE before deciding if you should CLEAN or FORMAT your system

Should you decide to that cleaning your system is the best option, please go to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread.
Do not copy and paste your logs if not they will be removed.

Our experts here will tend to your queries thereafter.

Also, please provide the results of the Antirootkit scan

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of Kris2456 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and The Web forum.

AVG Anti-RootKit scanis running.

HijackThis has been attached. As mentioned, i did a system restore after removing the file (was this a good idea?).

Also, as i mentioned i plan to format tomorrow, so i just want to know whether the trojan is gone now, and possibly what damage might have been done in the 20 minutes that i was connected to the net after installing it.

Thanks for the help by the way :)

Ok the rootkit scan is negative.
(Moderator edit: Posts merged. Please use the edit button, rather than replying to your previous post where there are no other replies in between. If bumping the thread, please wait at least 24 hours for a reply.)

Hi,
It would not be very possible to find out what damage may have been done. Have you read the first thread that I asked you to, regarding cleaning or formatting? The appropriate advice is within it.

Since you are intending to format, then there would be no point in checking your logs. =)

Hey.
Well I formatted the computer, and i changed all my passwords so i think i am safe for now. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back