Trojan Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdiakiw

Hi

I seem to be having a problem which others have been having regarding dialer and dropper trojans. I followed the instructions that you guys have for posting but the online scanners I used crashed my browser. I have tried both IE and Firefox. I have also tried Adaware which rebooted my computer half way through the scan. I have downloaded HijackThis but did not want to post my logs since I was not able to complete the instructions. I have Norton on my computer which pops up about every 5 minutes with 2 virus warnings. One it can fix and the other it cannot. My keyboard appears to be not working properly either. I have no idea what I'm doing and my computer is not that old so I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance!

Michaela

As your having so much trouble, I`m sure the howard "the log" hopkinso won`t mind you posting your log as is.:)

It could be that you have so much junk on there, you might have to reformat.

But hopefully it won`t come to that.

sweet - ok here are the hjt logs

if something is wrong or i did it wrong, please let me know

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with a variety of nasties.

Go HERE and follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of mdiakiw only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ok I tried to follow the directions - I got as far as getting my system into safemode and the computer sorta crashed. I'm not sure how it happened but as the computer was fully loaded "explorer.exe" closed... nothing else seemed to stop working - just "explorer.exe". I tried to go to "new task" and restart it but it would shut down after starting. I've tried rebooting several times but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

That`s not good.

Without explorer.exe running, you`re going to find it impossible to do anything.

See if doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE will help.

Regards Howard :(

I also had this problem when initially trying to clean my trojans. My system was having issues with CounterSpy. When I restarted Windows normally and uninstalled CounterSpy, safe mode worked correctly again.

One of the programs you've recently installed to fight the nasties may be interfering. Hope this helps!

hmm... that's a good suggestion - I don't think I have CounterSpy but I've installed so many programs over the past few days so I'm not even sure what I have any more. Safe mode was working yesterday morning so I'm not sure what it could be. Other boots work, just not safe mode. The Windows Repair seems a bit out of my league so if I still have to do that I may take it in to be looked at. I don't really like doing that because I've had people mess up computers before with that - since this is a brand new laptop I was hoping it wouldn't require that.

ok I can get into other safe mode boots, just not the minimal one. when it's in the minimal one, it looks like explorer.exe uses up the CPU power until it crashes, usually it will ask if i want to be in safe mode or if i want to restore, i choose safe mode but it usually happens a couple of times and then it stops working...

am i going to have to take the computer in?

ok only problem with that is that i don't have a copy of windows... it was preloaded into my computer - i went to the guy who got the computer for me and he suggested that i restore my computer by using the system back-up... seems like that might save me the most trouble...

mdiakiw said:
ok only problem with that is that i don't have a copy of windows... it was preloaded into my computer - i went to the guy who got the computer for me and he suggested that i restore my computer by using the system back-up... seems like that might save me the most trouble...

If system restore works... most of the time, it doesn't :)

ya this wasn't a regular system restore... i don't think i explained it properly - i'm doing a system recovery boot... basically reformatting my computer. i'll post new hjt logs to see if there are still problems... i hope not!

That's a good thing to do. You have the disc or a program to access the repair partition information?

Your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of mdiakiw only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back