TechSpot

Trojan, then new harddrive, now USB problems.

By amiller72392
Dec 24, 2007
  1. Last night I found out I had a trojan (Trojan.Dropper, I belive it was called.) it kept deleting and adding my explorer.exe process. I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it. So If you could help with that, I'd much appreciate it. Anyway, I got a new hard drive (err.. another one from a different computer.) I plugged the ribbon cables in, and stuff, booted up and now nothing USB will work. My keyboard or mouse. Any reasoning on this? Very much appreciated.

Amiller72392

2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

I'm not sure about the USB problem, but I can help you with your malware infection. If you post a new thread detailing the USB problem in the Other Hardware forum, somebody else may be able to help you.

Please read this thread If your system is infected, read this before deciding whether to Clean or Format.

If you decide to clean your system, follow these instructions Virus/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments to a new reply in this thread as well as the result of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of amiller72392 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

For the USB part of your problem

I would try going to the manufacturer of your motherboards website and getting all the correct drivers -> if that doesn't work:

It may be a lot easier to do a clean install of your Operating System. I was going to type instructions for repairing the system files that may have been changed but there's a strong possiblity that you have malware problems in which case the repair causes you to lose updates from Microsoft which could make things worse.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.