Trojan Within The Site

Masque

Three times today McAfee has caught the VBS/Psyme Trojan when clicking on various forum links here (sorry, I don't remember which ones). I thought you should be made aware of this. I'm also Messaging Julio with this.

No, it was definitely McAfee Viruscan Enterprise Version 7.0.0 with the 4344 (March 26) definition files. It it happens again, I'll try to get a screen shot for you. But the description of the Trojan was a direct cut-and-paste from the alert itself.

Edit: It was in the Cooling And Modding\3200+ CPU Temperatures thread. Per Hansson, you have a mail with the screenshot.

I've been getting them also Masque - the the same exact version of McAfee + dats you are using. I've gotten it probably 5 times today and a couple times yesterday. They show up as spyware/adware in McAfee most of the time for me.

I'm running NAV 2004, latest updates, and I went all through the thread Masque mentioned and didn't pick up anything. Haven't seen it yet anywhere on TS.

Also ran a virus scan on my computer, ran Ad-aware/Spybot, nothing at all. I'm just not seeing it.

i have mcafee virusscan 8 with the march 26 2004 dats and i did not get the warnings in the 3200+ temperature thread.

Masque; I never got any e-mails from you...

It would be a good idea to e-mail macafee about this issue... I got no erors when I looked at the topic, and I am using F-Secure AV 2004...

Originally posted by Per Hansson
Masque; I never got any e-mails from you...

It would be a good idea to e-mail macafee about this issue... I got no erors when I looked at the topic, and I am using F-Secure AV 2004...

Sorry....stuck in my Outbox. You should have it now.

Originally posted by Per Hansson
I have still not gotten your e-mail Masque

Is it still per(at)techspot.com? It's not coming from the same e-mail as in my profile, but my primary one.

It shows as sent. I'll resend it tonight from home. Do you have any filters running? BTW, the trojan in question has not come up again since that day. I've not gotten in touch with McAfee yet....been too dang busy. I didn't want to make a big thing of this....just wanted to give a heads-up. I guess I should've PM'd you on it first. I AM happy I'm not the only one that witnessed it though......I was starting to question my sanity for a bit. ;)

Back