TechSpot

Trouble completing the 8-step process

By Kindwoman
Dec 12, 2008
  1. Hi All,
    I have gotten to the step where you download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. The problem is when I hit download and then open, I get this error message titled:

"MICROSOFT HOME PUBLISHING 2000"
    One or more components are missing or broken. To install the missing component(s), close all programs, restart your computer and run setup again.

When I clicked on help I got this message:

The following problems were detected: Your registry is corrupted (2) You can not run this program directly from a CD or DVD. You must first install it to a hard drive.
    Now what do I do? :confused:

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

That's a strange one :confused:
    Try Safe mode (F8 at system startup) with networking (hopefully allowing you to update.

If it doesn't update have a look here:
    Special case where after installing MBAM and SAS they will not update or run
    Read here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic116603.html

3. Kindwoman

Kindwoman TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

I think something must be wrong with the download that is linked in the 8 steps tutorial. I went to cnet and it downloaded fine. I'm going to continue with the steps, thanks kims!

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

5. Kindwoman

Kindwoman TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

thats weird, must have been my computer somehow. I just posted my logs in a new thread.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.