Trouble connecting D-link dgl-4100 router to new fios internet

By xboxjackal
Oct 16, 2006
  1. As the title describes im trying to use my old router that i had which would work perfectly fine but ever since i got this new fios from verizon i cant seem to get it to work i do everything it tells me to.. ive even been on the phone with d-links tech support and they dont know what to do so if anyone could help i would be grateful

right now i can seem to identify the problem

Connection Type : DHCP Client
    Cable Status : Connected
    Network Status : Establishing (please wait...)
    Connection Up Time : N/A

Authentication & Security : N/A
    IP Address :
    Subnet Mask :
    Default Gateway :
    Primary DNS Server :
    Secondary DNS Server :
    Bigpond Server : Disabled

before when i was on comcast the network status was normal and to get that i needed to reset the modem but for fios there is no modem so any input to help me with my problem will help
  2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

try unplugging the modem from the router, then reset the modem. once the modem has returned to a working state (you can tell by the indicator LEDs), plug it back in to the router. usually this clears up problems of this nature, but if you miss a setting somewhere it will never work.
  3. xboxjackal

xboxjackal TS Rookie Topic Starter

fios doesnt have a modem its just an ethernet cord coming from the wall
  4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

Have you tried plugging the cable directly into your computer? Please try this to verify your line actually works. :)

If that doesn't work, then we know it is your line and you should give Verizon a buzz. If it works while directly connected to your computer, then we can be very sure your router is to blame.

At this point, yu should do a 'hard reset' on your router and set it back to the factory defaults. And if that doesn't work, well... We'll deal with that when we get there. ;)

5. xboxjackal

xboxjackal TS Rookie Topic Starter

well i got it fixed

lol i called verizon and told them if they didnt reset my connection to resync with my router that i would go back to comcast and it worked. For some reason the router they gave me was synced to my connection but my d-link one was synced with comcast so thats all i had to do
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.