Trouble downloading Ad-Aware

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimflint1

I'm using XP, and with it a download manager called "Internet Download Manager". I've actually liked this program, but now the past few days I've been trying to download Ad-Award and the download has gotten to 99.91 percent both times I've tried it, and then I've gotten an error message telling me to try again. Since I'm still in the dinosaur dialup era, that's really frustrating as it's an 18 meg file. Any suggestions (besides getting DSL etc.)?

I checked the Internet Download Manager website and in it's FAQs there was this:

"If you want to disable IDM temporarily for a single download, you may hold down the Alt key while clicking on a download link to prevent IDM from taking over the download. Note that holding the Alt key allows your browser download the file."

You might want to double check just in case I looked up the wrong download manager.

Thanks mailpup, but now I think something else is causing it as I used my Firefox's downloader and the same problem happens, only it stops well before getting to 99 percent. Any other clues as to why this may be happening? I do know that my ISP is doing some upgrading, replacing servers etc., and that I've had some difficulty over the past week or so logging on to my ISP, so I'm thinking that might have something to do with it.

Your ISP may well have something to do with it.

Contact them and tell them you`ve been having problems.

If they insist it`s nothing to do with them, then obviously something else is responsible, in which cass, please post a HJT log as per these instructions.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back