Trouble installing 6200 PCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a 6200 PCI card, made by EVGA. I plugged it in and booted up my computer, popped the included CD in and installed the video drivers from the CD. I then installed the most recent nVidia drivers for the 6 series. and rebooted my computer. When I finished starting up again, I was at 640 x 400 with 4 bit colors, and it will not let me change the resolution or color quality.

I have been trying to figure this out for damn near 7 hours now. Lots of people have been saying I gotta do something in BIOS, but there is nothing about my video card in BIOS, so I don't know about that.

I'd really like to get this thing working, and I am really hoping that it is something I just forgot to do rather than a faulty card.

Oh yes, I am running on a Dell Dimension 2400

I recently bought a similar card and what i did was first uninstall my old drivers
put in the new card then booted up the cd then i updated it and i had the resolution problem as well what i did was right click on my desktop then on my gfx driver in drop menu then changed resolution and color depth from there

oh yeah you should uninstall your onboard gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back