Trouble Installing XP PRO - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am attempting to re-install Windows XP Pro on my PC.

I keep having the same problem. Windows runs through the initial formating, gets to 100% and says it will re-boot in 15 seconds. But when it re-boots, it loops back around and starts the whole process again rather than continue with the install. I have found another forum which suggested double checking that it boots from the Hard Drive rather than from the disk again. I have done this but it says "no boot record found" (i think from memory!) and then checks the CD drive and starts all over again.

Any thoughts on why this might be??

Using an AMD Athlon 2400 I think (built it ages ago!), soltek board, 512mb DDR ram, 80gb maxtor........

Thanks

set your only boot device to the CD ROM, run the initial installer, selecting full NTFS format. when that finishes, go into the BIOS upon reboot and change the only boot device back to your harddrive. if it still won't proceed to the graphical installation, you probably have a defective motherboard (not uncommon at all with soltek products).

make certain that windows completes the initial setup and it is not rebooting from any errors. remember that windows will reformat the drive, then copy files over (this takes a few minutes), and then it will proceed to the reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back