TROUBLE overclocking 9600 pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kr4zy goat

ok so i purchased the 9600 pro a couple of weeks ago. it's the gigabyte 128mb 9600 pro. so i was trying to overclock it with a program called ATItool 0.0.23. first off, my default core clock was set at 398 and my memory clock was set at 203...i thought the 9600 pro was supposed to be set at 400/600...which would mean my default memory clock should be at 300, NOT 200. so anyway, whenever i try to overclock with the ATItool, even if i raise either the core clock or the memory clock just a little bit and then run the "scan for artifacts" test, it immediately finds an error. and if i try raising my core clock and memory clock up about 50 points each, my computer screen will start bugging out. i read numerous posts and sites that said they've overclocked their 9600 pros up like 100 points. is there sumthing i need to d/l to succesffuly overclock my video card? what are these omega drivers i hear of? i have a 2.4ghz dell dimension 4550, 512mb ram, windows xp SP2. any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Yeah, I have a friend who got that card, it doesn't run at the advertised speeds, and has heat issues if it's the passively cooled one(no fan, just fins.) He returned it because of the slower memory speeds. So basically the card has issues. I think I'd rma it since it's misadvertised. I mean come on would you accept it if you ordered a 3ghz cpu and got a 2ghz one instead? I'm not sure how they can call it a 9600 pro and have speeds that aren't 9600 pro speeds. Sadly many 9600 pro's are like this(400,400).

wtf? false advertisement? that's got to be a major lawsuit...is there a number i can call to get into contact with an ATI rep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back