Trouble With Floppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I have a floppy disk with alot of important information on it and for some reason when I try to open it it says, "this disk needs to be formatted". But then it says if I format it I will lose all the content on it. I really need to get the information off of this disk. If anyone can help please do. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Your drive may need a good cleaning.Does it read others ?
You should know someone who can read and copy it for you.
You could also look for a floppy drive cleaner disk.
It fixed mine.

Yes try reading the floppy on another computer's floppy drive. 1.44MB's can easily be held on a 2GB USB memory stick. If you can read the disk on another computer, make a folder on the C drive, name it, and copy the files from the floppy to this folder. Insert a flash drive into a USB port and copy the folder you made to the flash drive. You will never need a floppy drive ever again. They really are obsolete

KingDongThrilla,

This is a USB flash drive
Invest is a few of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820141081

I have 6 flash drives, but when I put this stuff on this disk it was quite a long time ago before I knew about flash drives. Anyways, I will try using it on another computer. But if it still ask me to format it, what should I do? I cannot format the disk and lose all the information.

Okay, im going to go buy a flppy drive for my laptop and see if it will work on there, if not ill chkdsk. If that doesn't work I will resort to the BadCopyPro. Thanks for yur suggestions, ill be back if they don't work lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back