Trouble with modem to wireless router, port forwarding.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. What i am trying to do here is to open a port(31606) for (u-torrent), when i use the modem and insert my computers IP and the port i want to have, it works sweet. But when i take the wireless router into the equasion, i cannot seem to get it working.

Modem : Thomson SpeedTouch 510i
Wireless: Linksys wrt54g

Can any one help me get port 31606 working all the way trough to my pc when i am connected to the wireless?

Chris

the firewall rule for INBOUND traffic would be
allow IN tcp/upd any source, any dest, port 31606​
now it doesn't matter at all which interface (modem,wireless,NIC) the traffic
arrives upon :)

Thanks for the info there dude, not really sure what u meant but i am confident i will understand it sooner or later :) What did fix my problem though was that i turned off DHCP at the wireless router and changed the ip on it to the same as the modem and connecting the TP cable from the modem to the wireless router to port n.1 instead of that WAN/Internett port. So now when i have connected my pc through the wireless i get port 31606 working :)

I think i understood what you ment, instead of opening the PORT 31606 to my computer i should just open it with no ip adress and so. So that the modem has the port 31606 open for any ip connecting to it working?

classxXx said:
I think i understood what you ment, instead of opening the PORT 31606 to my computer i should just open it with no ip adress and so. So that the modem has the port 31606 open for any ip connecting to it working?
almost; the firewall setting shown does not care about the
source or destination IP addresses and allows all contacts on your port 31606.
The router THEN NEEDS to port forward to the IP address of your computer --
which is why the static or MAC filtering for an IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back