Trouble with rapidshare.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all. I'm a relative noob when it comes to pc's and I am pulling my hair out. I'm hoping someone can help me.

I am a rapidshare premium account holder and up until last thursday I was experiencing download speeds of upto 800kbps. Since then the speed has dropped to, wait for it, 1kbps. If i'm lucky this might jump to 20kbps.

I contacted rapidshare and they assured me there was no problems their end. I logged on to rapidshare while at work and, yes, experienced full download speeds. I went back to my home pc, logged onto rapidshare there and again got 1kbps download speed. I then ran a speed test which came out at 6mb. Downloaded some files from various sites and got high download speeds. I tried rapidshare again and got 1kbps. My isp insist it could be my distance from the exchange, line quality, modem drivers but I feel these are not causing the problem.

Has anybody got any ideas what could be causing the slowdown to that one particular site.

Many, many thanks in advance

Darren

You may have a corrupted system... it could be from a virus, spyware, or a failing hard drive.
Tell us more about your computer brand, model, memory, hard drive, and age. Also what security software is installed for antivirus and antispyware.

Many thanks raybay for your reply. It turns out that there are other virgin customers who also use rapidshare having exactly the same problem. Me thinks virgin are blocking rapidshare which makes them in breech of contract. Gonna be asking for my mac code I think (if they'll give it too me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back