Trouble with Xp Slowing down

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what is happening. My computer will run fine for about 5 minutes. Then ZoneAlarm asks if DLLHOST.EXE is trying to access internet. I didnt recognize it so I keep denying access. It only asks once then disappears. After that my internet explorer is jumpy when scrolling..things lock up..then go fast..then jumpy? I am like uh oh. I read about HIJACK THIS and below is the report. ALSO, I can't get my task manager to show up at all unless and I hit ALT CTRL DEL immediately after signing into the computer.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

There are two reasons why your system is slow.

1: Your system is infected.

2: You`re running Symantec/Norton, which is a known resource hog.

I have therefore moved your thread to our security and the web forum.

First, we need to clean your system, then we can deal with the Symantc/Norton issue.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of supercliff only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

updating

Okay..slow response on my end. I can get my task manager to show if I do the ALT CTRL DEL right after boot up, or when RUN: TASKMGR. My computer is now going great except the TASK MANAGER coming up after running awhile. I did do the steps with Smithfraud...how you uninstall that? here is my latest log from hijack this made today at 511pm my time. My norton didnt find anything virus wise, adaware came clean as did SPYBOT. Any other suggestions?

As previously stated, your system is infected with malware.

Please follow the instructions and post all the requested logfiles, including a fresh HJT log once you`ve completed the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of supercliff only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I`ve been using Zonealarm for a number of years and have had no problems with it whatsoever.

I personally know quite a lot of people who also run Zonealarm with no problems either. Having said that, I am aware that Zonealarm can cause problems with some systems/configurations, I.E BSOD`s etc. I`m not sure just how common a problem this is, but given the number of Techspot members that run Zonealarm, I don`t think it`s as common as some people would have you believe.

I take it from your post, you`re one of those unfortunate people who have had serious problems with Zonealarm?

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back