Troubles trying to find my specs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to find my display specs for the last 30 minutes, and the closest I've come was running dxdiag (I'm having issues with DirectX... bla bla, same Sims crap you've all heard over and over again)

and all I get is a bunch of n/a! I have no manufacturer for my video card... And no specs at all.

The most I have is info on my drivers (Which I am looking to update, but I'm having a bit of a hard time)

Oh for the love of god can somebody clear this up for me?

Strange...

Right-Click My Computer and click Properties

Go to the Hardware tab and click Device Manager

Expand the branch under Display Adapters, what does it say there?

There is no Display Adapters branch. Thats where I looked first. Nothing under device managers has a display unit listed.

When you look in the Device Manager, are there any devices with an ! or ? or X by them? If so, what are they listed as?

Also, if this is a particular brand of PC, the make/model would also allow us to look this up. If it's like a Dell, HP, Sony etc.etc.. the model should be on the back, on a sticker somewhere or maybe even on the front of the case.

Download and run Everest Free;

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

Click on 'Display' then on 'GPU', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-gpu' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home folder and then reports and click on the report which will open it in a text editor and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the registers stuff at the bottom of the report and delete it and then save that file again and then copy and paste it to here.

Sharkfood said:
When you look in the Device Manager, are there any devices with an ! or ? or X by them? If so, what are they listed as?

Also, if this is a particular brand of PC, the make/model would also allow us to look this up. If it's like a Dell, HP, Sony etc.etc.. the model should be on the back, on a sticker somewhere or maybe even on the front of the case.

I checked, and alas... there isnt.

I looked back on the invoice of my computer, and its integrated into the motherboard...
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000... I'm aware that most laptops don't have video cards, but I've never had a problem with this until now... I've had this laptop for about 2 years now, and the problem I'm getting now (which is the well known, "I have the sims and it says I have a direct x problem") and I know I have to find Drivers... but the problem is trying to find which ones.

For the record, I've had everything installed and working before on this laptop... this shouldn't be happening. So I don't think I have to upgrade or change a card, because I _know_ it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back