Troubleshooting suggestions PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I have an Emachines model T3624 and I need help troubleshooting. My problem is the CPU will power up and turn on, but nothing will show up on the monitor. This started when our wireless optical mouse stopped working even with new batteries. At first I thought since it was on for a while, it just needed a fresh boot, so I restarted the comp, but nothing would show up on the monitor. The monitor is working fine, because there is a window that pops up when there is no signal stating to check the connections...yadda yadda. Which I did check. Now, this isnt the first time my computer has done this. The time before I got it to work again by unplugging all connections and holding the power button for a few seconds to disperse the built up power so said by the emachine's tech guy I spoke with that day. But its not working this time round. Now I was thinking it could be the video card but I just bought and installed a new graphics accellerator and it was working and connected to the monitor prior to any problems now.

Does anyone have any other suggestions I could try to figure out what the problem is?

Emachines CPU Specs:

CPU: Intel® Celeron® D 330 Processor
(, , )
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
Chipset: Intel® 845GV chipset
Memory: 256MB DDR 333
Expandable to 2GB
Hard Drive: 60GB 7200rpm, 2MB cache
Optical Drive: CD-RW Optical - 48x Max Write (48 × 24 x 48)
Media Reader: None
Video: Intel® Extreme Graphics 3D
64MB shared video memory
Sound: AC '97 audio
Network: Intel® PRO 10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet
Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Standard keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers
Ports/Other: 6 USB 2.0 (2 in front, 4 in back), 1 VGA external connector, 1 serial, 1 parallel, 2 PS/2, 5 audio (2 in front, 3 in back)
Dimensions: 7.25"W x 14.25"H x 16"D

The only additions I have made to this comp is the additional RAM to make it 512mb and the new video card, a GE Force 3D graphics accellerator and a wireless optical wheel mouse.

Its entirely possible that your psu (power supply unit) isn't up to running the extra ram and the new graphics card. Emachines put the cheapest possible psu's in their machines to make more money on the sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back