Troubleshooting while trying to connect PC to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello....I am having trouble when I try to connect my laptop to my tv with a VGA cable.
It seems that it worked for a second when I applied clone laptop+tv to my video card settings but after that it just went black...
Does anyone know what might be the problem?
I also tried several things, like changing the resolution and trying the analog settings.
Please help!!!

Desperate

I'm having the same problem. I've done some basic troubleshooting and what you did above and my screen keeps going black. my computer has crashed a 1000 times and im getting really frustrated. did you ever figure out what the problem was?

What about anyone else?

Do i need to get a new video card? Or maybe some different connection cables?

thanks,
ashley

Vga to S-Video

Hello I have a similar problem.I have a VGA to S video conector. I am trying to connect my flat screen tv to my pc. ( tv is not HD) . When connected it doesnt work at all. Am I doing something wrong? do I need to do something else?

PC to TV Connection

I just got done hooking my HP Media Center PC to my 50" Samsung plasma. First I tried dvi to component cable. This did not work because the TV reads a different signal than your monitor does. Next, I tried 15 pin vga to svideo/component converter box. It worked, kinda. The quality was horrible, you could not read text due to blurriness. The third thing I tried was a wireless device from x10. It was cheap and showed promise but suffered from wireless interference. Even when they were close enough to touch it flickered constantly. Finally I found a wireless device that plugs into your usb port instead and sends it to a receiver device. How far is the computer to the TV? It DOES NOT work well through walls. Best line of site. Mine is 20 - 30 ft away and looks great. The only drawback is when viewing video in "full-screen" mode it has slight pixelation but other than that its the best one I've seen. Here is the link to the page I found it. I hope this helps!
facebook.com/#!/pages/Pimped-Out-Technology/131244850224134

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back