True or false=A7N8x mobo has better sound then the Audigy Gamer?

GameAddict

I just bought that mobo (waiting on it to arrive). I heard it has better sound then the audigy gamer? If it will help my games run smoother and still produce at least the AdvancedHD EAX and sound my audigy can I'm just gonna sell the card.
This is what it has: (I have no clue what this stuff means, lol)
<<Onboard Audio: Realtek ALC650 6-ch w/built in amplifier, integrated APU (Audio Processor Unit), Soundstorm Encoder
>>

Where did you hear this? I think it's ill-conceived rubbish...

Maybe the original Audigy, though. I'd like to hear the specs for the Realtek, it may be that it's true 24bit/96khz.

I can't say if the sound is "better" than the audigy, but I can tell you that you'd be free of all the incompability problems with Creative cards&drivers...

I just got the A7V8X, and the sound is great! (but I haven't tried Audigy, so I can't really compare the two...)

.02$

AFAIK the nForce's (1 or 2, both chipsets use the same RealTek audio chip) on-board audio is unable to decode Creative's AdvancedHD EAX, I think it can only decode EAX 1 (but I could be wrong :p). Truth be told, if you have an Audigy then use it.

My .02¢

the A7V8X HAS got gd sound but the audigy is FAR FAR better
but considerably more expensive...

Steg

Well it is better in the fact that the nForce2's sound can decode 5.1 audio on the fly for PC games and music and stuff. I really wish I had it...cause the Audigy really can't.

We're comparing old technology to new technology, however...

Back