Trying to do a rebuild, will these components work?

By thanat0s
Jan 28, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was looking to build a new computer and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if these will be compatible together and if you would recommend a different substitution for about the same price.

• Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - 277.99
    • EVGA 640-P2-N829-AR GeForce 8800GTS SSC 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video - 309.99
    • Foxconn MARS LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - 186.99
    • Kingston HyperX 4GB (4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - 163.98

I copied these from newegg and the prices are estimated. This is mostly being used for gaming

Thanks for the help.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,679   +153

In a word... Yes!
  3. thanat0s

thanat0s Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks, I just keep seeing people writing about these random frequencies that they have certain components running at and I wasn't sure if that would affect it. (I assume those people are OC their stuff).

If you have any suggestions to trade one from the list for a different brand/style let me know. I'm going on what was a good product when I was rebuilding about 4 years ago.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.