trying to install graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Geforce fx 5700 le graphics card and am trying to install it on my computer, it is a 1.3 gig amd processpor and the mother board is a socket A 610LR i got windows xp running and i uninstalled the sis graphics adapter that came from the onboard then put the video card in, when i restart with the monitor in the card the screen is really fuzzy, i tried to install the graphics from the cd and that doesnt work when i try to install the driver from the cd it the screen freezes at the very end goes to some wierd black and colored screen and i am forced to shut down. I tried downloading the new drivers and when i try using them it says there are not for the right graphics card. please help

Need your motherboard specs...

You need to provide your motherboard manufacture and model.

i tried the installer that came with the installer that came with the new forceware and it froze my computer but when i booted in safe mode it installed all the way however, when i restart now it freezes as windows is loading

I believe you have to enter the BIOS to disable onboard video. It's not enough to just uninstall the drivers.

"fuzzy" probably means you are using an LCD screen, not a bulky CRT monitor.

LCDs only look good in one resolution. When you install a new card, it defaults at the lowest resolution, so you'll need to change this to the appropriate number.

You can adjust the screen resolution by right clicking on the desktop, choose properties then settings and adjust the slider from 800x600 (or whatever it may be) to a larger number. Click "apply" and see if it looks better. Continue until your LCD is sharp.

If you are not using an LCD.. uh oh. :) Don't know what that could be.

You can find the correct driver for your card by going to www.nvidia.com. The drivers are called "detonators" and the only blanks you need to fill in is what operating system you are using. For example, the detonator for Windows 2000/xp works with ALL geforce cards, but only on 2000/xp. Not Windows 98 or millennium... etc.

Its a big ctr monitor, it wasnt fuzzy when i had windows 2000 on my computer but, i thought it might comply better with xp so i upgraded and then when i tried with the graphics card it went fuzzy. windows xp is working fine with onboard graphics. the options in bios are onboard agp or pci i have it on onboard agp. Its a agp card so i figured that was right should it be on PCI?

hmmm i cant install new drivers either...i downloaded the update but i can't run the setup, something bout it can't be run in dos or windows something or other.a countless amount of times i have added my specifications on these threads... prosavage8 DDR with chip id 8D04....motherboard albatron pm266a pro bla bla bla.the 1 i downloaded was correct..grr i mite chuck my pc outta the window...im so angry wit this computer!!!! :knock: mite kick it and hit it a bit...could work....prob do a betta job than all the stuff iv lookd at and downloaded 2 help.hmm see 4 ur self, this is wat the everest home edition thing said:

Field Value
Computer
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name YOUR-1R0I1RQH82
User Name Emma

Motherboard
CPU Type Intel Celeron, 2000 MHz (20 x 100)
Motherboard Name Albatron PM266A (Pro) (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DIMM, Audio, Video)
Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8751A Apollo P4M266A
System Memory 224 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (07/31/03)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display
Video Adapter S3 ProSavageDDR (86c420)
3D Accelerator S3 ProSavageDDR

Multimedia
Audio Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

Storage
IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive WDC WD400EB-00DJF0 (35 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive ATAPI COMBO 48XMax
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions
C: (FAT32) 36591 MB (19527 MB free)

Input
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Network
Network Adapter WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface (81.158.240.244)
Modem CNXT V9x PCI Modem

Peripherals
Printer Canon MP360 Series Printer
Printer CAPTURE FAX BVRP
USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
USB2 Controller VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
USB Device BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem
USB Device Generic USB Hub

Hmm that pc looks a bit old now... I think you should update that ram to atleast 512mb or 1 gig if you can afford it and your mobo can take it. 224mb isn't enough for any games/applications these days......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back