Inactive Trying to install Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 to Win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to install Kaspersky from disc to Win 7 I get this message...
E:\install\setup.exe
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

and then after clicking the X it gives me this only...
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

It does the same thing even AVG, malwarebytes, mbam, avast-free that were downloaded to my desktop

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Or will I need to reinstall Windows, because if my E drive is opening the install screen when I select to run exe...the E drive should be fine I would think.
I've been having problems with ad web pages taking over my regular webpages and also with them opening up extra pages that are ad pages. Hijackthis program found about 6 items that I deleted and am able to open regular pages now where as before I couldn't open anything without numerous pages taking over.
I feel if I can get a program on here that I might be able to avoid reinstalling win 7. I had Bitdefender program on a trial and when it ran out it kept opening the wallet page when I would go to banking sites, so I just uninstalled Bitdefender. That's when the problem started.

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back