Trying to Install Office 2007 Silently

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarmory2002

Hi there,

So I have an unattended Windows XP Disk that I use to install Windows on all of my computers. I am looking at slipstreaming Office 2007 into the WIndows XP install somehow. Anybody have any idea onhow this is done?

So far, I have copied the Office SP2 CD into the $OEM$ folder created by Nlite.
I have created a RunOnceEx.cmd file which is loaded by cmdlines.txt. It tells Windows Installer to run Office 2K7 installer on first boot. Anyone who has slipstreamed other application installs should be familiar with this.

The file runs properly on first boot, but it asks for a key. This is a preinstall kit. When it asks for a key, I dont want to put one in. All I would like to do is leave it blank so that setup only gives you so many uses before you have to enter the key.

Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciative. Thanks!!!

Try this:

Create an .msp file (say MyOffice.msp) and save it/keep it in the same dir as setup.exe

1. To create the .msp file :

setup.exe /admin

2. To install silently using the .msp :

setup.exe /adminfile MyOffice.msp

Stick to the basics.

Just put in the cd key, for starters. Leave most of the defaults as is.

Later your can experiment.

It just created it as an empty file, I must have done something wrong. I understand that I creat the file using setup.exe /admin but where do I do that so that it makes the file?

EDIT: AHH I found out, I was using the wrong disk. Ill try again with the right one lol

Here is some more info if you're still having trouble.

Follow this link
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=72392

“1. Ensure you have an actual VLK (some call it enterprise/corporate) disc & product-key.”

The basic steps are :

1. run > cmd

2. go to the directory containing setup.exe

3. Issue the command
setup.exe /admin

4. The Office Customization Tool will come up

5. You will be offered two options :
a. Create a new Setup customization file for the following product
Product: Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 (your product will be listed)​

b. Open an existing customization file

6. Select the first option i.e. Create a new Setup customization file ... and click OK

7. In the following screen
a) click Licensing and user interface (under Setup)
b) You will be prompted to enter a valid product key and accept the licensing agreement for users

Enter the license key, and tick ‘I accept the terms ...’​

On the same screen you will be offered a choice of display level. Make your selection such as ‘None’ and ‘Suppress modal’

8. Now save the customization file.
File > Saveas > my_cust (default extension will be .msp)​

9. Just execute this for silent install: setup.exe /adminfile my_cust.msp

Hi, thanks again for the reply. I afraid to report that I am still having issues. I have tried what you are suggesting but all I get is run this command from the qualifying products setup. I have an office 2K7 Preinstall disc directly from Microsoft. However, I do not believe it even comes with a Product License. Is there anything else you might know of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back