Trying to install sata cdrom drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justice101

Ok, i am trying to install sata cdrom and the first time i turned it back on it to "reboot and select proper boot device, so i went to the bios settings the next time i turned it on and it was using the floppy drive as the first boot thingy and my sata hard drive was not detected either, so being the expiermentor that i am i set the first boot device to disabled to see what would happen... Well it came up with a blue screen with intels logo on it and then it switch to displaying that error message again. It would not let me acces bios settings either. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

You have not told us the brand and model of computer, or motherboard.
But you may find it easier to remove the CMOS battery on the motherboard to reset the system.
Leave it out for 30 minutes.
Then replace the battery, and reboot. You will have to restet the time and other software,
then go back to your boot order, and put your hard drive first and the optical drive second, unless you are going to reinstall your hard drive, in which case, you will need to change the SATA CDROM to first in the boot order.

Ok now i can get into bios settings but now the problem is, its not detecting the hard disc. Thanks for the help so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back