Trying to install XP but there is no floppy

By minsid
Mar 2, 2005
  1. I just did a clean install of xp by inserting the cd and going along the menus in the windows environment. I chose fresh install. What I dont get is how can I partition and format the harddrive with out a floppy? I just can't seem to get it to work. When I did the fresh install I noticed not everything got erased.

Please help
  2. gwhite

gwhite TS Rookie Posts: 35

You should have come to a screen asking where you want XP installed. I you picked the c: volume it will proceed with the install. You have to delete the large partition "c:" and then windows will prompt you where to install XP. You can then set partition sizes.
  3. hiren

hiren TS Rookie

Before installing any os on your HDD, you should partition & format ur harddisk once. Take up a bootable win 98 flopy and partition your hard disk.

Secondly, install xp from installation cd. During installation, u will be prompted for logical drive selection for installing xp os. Select for eg. C:, and it will continue with the rest of the process.

Hope this will solve ur problem.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.