Trying to recover windows 2000 pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the backup my windows 2000 based pc shuts down and never boot again. I took out my hard drive, scan it for viruses on another pc, run chkdsc and was able to view and copy all my data hard drive to another. All my data and file structure are intact but I still could not successfully recover to my original insyalled OS because during recovery process (Thanks Rick - TS special forces) Windows did not see my previouse installed OS. When I let install it It tells me that windows directory already exist..
I try Rick's recovery technic on several PC's and with several copies of my original HDD on other workables hard drives with no results.
Please help - I have a lot of info in my Outlook and Outlook Express which I need and could not recover otherwise.
Thanks a million in advance

You can recover the data no problem otherwise. Just navigate to the Outlook folder in your Documents and Settings.

In addition to how to recover windows 2000 installation and data...
PC: ECS Motherboard K7S5APRO with AMD Athlon XP CPU (built-in LAN and sound), DDR 2X256 MB PC2100 "Mushkin" RAM, 200 Gig "Seagate" ATA Hard drive, 64 Mb "Matrox" PCI video card, 300 Wt Power Supply - this system worked flawlessly for 2.5 years. Suddenly, after the weekend when system was shut down it did not boot on Monday. After it was unplug from the electrical outlet for about 30 min, I was able to boot it up, and start to back-up. During the backup procedure windows brought the error message, close backup windows and shortly after that brought blue screen windows and re-started PC. After the re-start it brought the error message - inaccessible booting device.
From this moment my action had been - I took out the original Hard drive, attached it to workable PC, run Viruscan (Norton Enterprise edition) - no viruses had been found, run check disk - to see if any error messages will come - none, than I create a duplicate of the original HDD using Ghost. Beside these, each of the original PC components (m/board, RAM - 2 chips, video and power supplies) has been tested separately and appears to be workable.
I tried to recover existing and original Windows 2000 installation using technique described on the website, but Windows could not find my original installation telling me that partition is corrupt and need to be formatter (but in the same time when I tried to install Windows it telling me that Windows directory already exist).
I really need to recover my Contact data in Outlook Express, my data in the Outlook and my data from the QuickBooks Pro 2000.
I try (in vane) using Advanced Outlook Express Recovery to recover Contact.dbx files (under Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{815605B4-8688-4376-94AF-7B8CF4591714}\Microsoft\Outlook Express ),
Using Advanced Outlook Repair (both programs from DATANUMAN) I was unable to recover under Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook none of my *.pst files.
When I installed QuickBooks (fresh installation on other workable PC) and try to read my latest data result was about 75% of the original file data with empty spots. My father endeavor with QuickBooks recovery was stop with error ce=43.
Because of all of these I still try to recover my original Windows 2000 installation (for the third week already)
Appreciate any constructive help.
Happy New Year to All

shtirliz said:
I really need to recover my Contact data in Outlook Express, my data in the Outlook and my data from the QuickBooks Pro 2000.
I try (in vane) using Advanced Outlook Express Recovery to recover Contact.dbx files (under Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{815605B4-8688-4376-94AF-7B8CF4591714}\Microsoft\Outlook Express ),
Using Advanced Outlook Repair (both programs from DATANUMAN) I was unable to recover under Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook none of my *.pst files.
To repair your *.pst, try ScanPst from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=287497

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back