Trying to repair windows on corrupted HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will_m

Hi there, I recently managed to somehow corrupt my main HD by using Partition Magic to resize a partition. Windows then refused to boot and recovery console wouldn't recognize my HD.

I have now put the corrupted HD in a caddy and I'm trying to read it on my laptop, I've managed to recover some of the files using Active file recovery. Is there now any way of repairing my OS as it had taken me a long time to install everything and have it set-up the way I wanted.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Will

unfortunately if you have messed with the partitioning, much of the directory will probably be wiped out. Recover what you can with a file recovery tool. To effectively restore your system as it was ou will have had to have cloned or ghosted the drive to another drive.

hmmm, this is what I feared. I'm not sure what I did wrong though as I have re-sized my partition in vista before wit no problems before. I was just resizing my C drive and received the error message once it tried to reboot back into windows. Has anyone else had problems with partition magic and trying to resize partitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back