Trying to run BF2, and get a Windows error report.

By chris33
Nov 18, 2005
  1. Hey guys, I was just wondering if someone could help me out here! I've been trying to play the game Battlefield 2 for quite some time now with no luck. I meet the minimum system requirements. I currently have an ECS K7S5A motherboard, AMD AthlonXP 2200+, 1GB AzenRam (512x2) pc2700, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128mb, and Windows XP Pro SP2. When I try to run the game, the screen goes blank for a few seconds, then the system reboots. When Windows loads again, I get the following Error Report:

The system has recovered from a serious error.

Error Signature
    BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : F73F9B0A BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
    BCP4 : F73F9B0A OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

The following files will be included in this error report:

This, to me, is chinese. And I don't know chinese! :p

If anyone could help me out, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

It's probably a driver issue, but could be much more.

The first thing you should attempt is to download and install the latest catalyst drivers from
  3. chris33

chris33 TS Member Topic Starter

Hey Rick, thanks for replying.

I actually put the card in today, and have the latest driver (11-11-05). Unfortunately thats not the problem. I don't supposed you have tools to pinpoint the problem using that error code? Does it create a more detailed log somewhere? Thanks.
  4. chris33

chris33 TS Member Topic Starter

The problem was the motherboard. I went from a K7S5A Pro to a K7S5A and it ran....I don't understand, but I'm just glad it runs....and fairly smooth to :D

So, note to anyone who has a K7S5A not buy BF2 until you get a new motherboard.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.