Trying to run BF2, and get a Windows error report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris33

Hey guys, I was just wondering if someone could help me out here! I've been trying to play the game Battlefield 2 for quite some time now with no luck. I meet the minimum system requirements. I currently have an ECS K7S5A motherboard, AMD AthlonXP 2200+, 1GB AzenRam (512x2) pc2700, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128mb, and Windows XP Pro SP2. When I try to run the game, the screen goes blank for a few seconds, then the system reboots. When Windows loads again, I get the following Error Report:

The system has recovered from a serious error.

Error Signature
BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : F73F9B0A BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F73F9B0A OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

The following files will be included in this error report:
C:\DOCUME~1\Chris\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7c5d.dir00\Mini111805-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Chris\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7c5d.dir00\sysdata.xml

This, to me, is chinese. And I don't know chinese! :p

If anyone could help me out, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

It's probably a driver issue, but could be much more.

The first thing you should attempt is to download and install the latest catalyst drivers from www.ati.com

Hey Rick, thanks for replying.

I actually put the card in today, and have the latest driver (11-11-05). Unfortunately thats not the problem. I don't supposed you have tools to pinpoint the problem using that error code? Does it create a more detailed log somewhere? Thanks.

UPDATE!

The problem was the motherboard. I went from a K7S5A Pro to a K7S5A and it ran....I don't understand, but I'm just glad it runs....and fairly smooth to :D

So, note to anyone who has a K7S5A Pro....do not buy BF2 until you get a new motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back