TechSpot

trying to use two linksys routers on one network

By triiifashions
Jun 3, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have two desktops and a laptop wired through a router and a linksys wireless router (wrt54g) wired in also

all works good

even the wireless on my laptop

so i can use my laptop wireless or wired either one

now my brother gave me his linksys router (wrt54g) that he had set up at his house

i want to use his as a area extender

i want to put it down the road where i have a cabin and exted my network to there

so basically i want to use two linksys routers on one network to extend my area

when i hook up the second router the wireless link light comes on

so i hard wire my laptop to the second router and it sais i dont have permission to use shared folders and no internet

does anyone know how to make this fly???!

i am choking on this project

can this be done??!?

thanks so much for the help in advance

jeremie
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

First, you should take a look at the amazing "search" feature. If you have any questions after reading the (half a dozen at least) "I want to daisy-chain two routers" threads, feel free to ask them.
  3. triiifashions

triiifashions TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 176

4. heyahh

heyahh TS Rookie

How about a link then

Hey Nodsu I've seen your lil quipe on every search for 'daisy chaining two routers' yet I've found no such post as you suggest in this forum that would help someone daisy-chain routers. How about you reply with some links to threads which actually could provide some useful info on daisy chaining two routers. Thanks
  5. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

I was waiting for someone to show up who would actually use the "daisy-chain" search term instead of the bleeding obvious "two routers" :p
  6. heyahh

heyahh TS Rookie

Well considering I did not find any useful info in these forums toward the end which you stated did exist which didn't I found my info elsewhere. I hope I'm booted from this forum for saying, what sort of admins run this domain if a wanker like nodsu is considered 'ts special forces'. I'd look elsewhere for solutions than this forum as I consider it junk
  7. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,832   +164

Is daisy-chaining router 1 Uplink to router 2 WAN?
  8. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,582

sometimes like Nodsu I get cranky spoon feeding
    when subjects like this one have been beaten to death
    Google first is a good rule when lost
    I know there's search for this forum it is not a good one
    maybe mod should add a google search for techspot
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.