TS Logo in Bookmarks

SNGX1275

I recently reinstalled WindowsXP and subsequently reinstalled Opera 8.01. Unfortunately for me I was not paying attention fully and forgot to backup my bookmarks prior to wiping out Windows.

Now on to the issue. As I try to remember my bookmarks and readd them, all of them that had little icons that showed up in the bookmarks list have came back. Except Techspot. Is there an explanation for this on my end, or is something different on how thats handled between sites. Examples of sites that have given me their icons back are: Engadget, Yahoo, MakeZine, and Last.fm

well, I don't know if this helps or not but I have noticed that in FF I have some that have icons which don't show up in IE. I also have some that show up in IE that don't show an icon in FF.

In 8.02 I get the TS logo in my bookmarks, so it would seem there is something on your end.

Or perhaps there was a little problem with the server when you made the bookmark, and opera didn't save the image?

Wannat know something else wierd? I use firefox, and the other day the TS logo was showing up for my yahoo bookmark.

Gives me the eebie jeebies! :bounce:

Opera 8.02 now installed. I deleted both the Techspot mainpage and the forums and then went to them, let them fully load, and added to bookmarks. Now its worse than before, there is no icon at all, not even the default one.

Update: The TS logo now appears. But not for Techspot, its showing for The Weather Channel. (Previously TWC and TS Main page and TS Forums were the only 3 that didn't have an icon at all, even the default icon).

SNGX1275 said:
Update: The TS logo now appears. But not for Techspot, its showing for The Weather Channel. (Previously TWC and TS Main page and TS Forums were the only 3 that didn't have an icon at all, even the default icon).
Update #2: After fighting with video codecs somehow distroyed by an SP2 Slipstream install I gave up and installed XP without any Service Packs then upgraded to SP2 immediately after. Video codecs are all working proper now. But the Icons for TS are not.
Surely on 2 different installs its not just some odd problem, anyone else with Opera 8 having this issue?

Works For Me (TM) in Opera 8.02 in Windows and Linux..

BTW Opera keeps favicons in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\images
See what you have for www.techspot.com there.

I've given up on favicons alltogether - sometimes they display for me and sometimes they don't. It's never really seemed all that important to be honest.

If there's a simple explanation though i'd be interested in it.

Back