TS Server speed up?

I haven't noticed much difference in the speed ? Has something been changed on the server's side ?

It does seem maybe a little faster, but I've always thought it was pretty fast anyway. Most of the time.

Hi Julio, I have a general question: who actually pays for this service? Other than the banner ad's I see no form of income. Is it for love? Regards, Adrian

TechSpot relies 100% on advertisement displayed on its pages. The site is profitable in case you were wondering, however we certainly have suffered during the last few years, especially after the dot com crash... since last year ad revenues have increased considerably.

Quite true poertner!

Thank you for keeping this great site on the net Julio :)

As for the speed, I noticed a bit faster speed when clicking the "new posts" link...

Thank you guys, the whole staff is working hard to deliver more content everyday. Starting this week, we are also updating the drivers section on a daily basis and a downloads section is coming as well, just so you will never have to leave TechSpot! ;) just kidding.

/me pulls out cot, bottle and fridge. Oops....better wait until I get home from work. ;)

Thanks Julio.

I've noticed speed increase, it was never as fast as it is now for me, the pages are loading real nice, real fast - unless my inet got better :p Also, do you get money from people clicking (advertising) links? Cuz everytime I want to go to newegg, to go Favorites > TS > *click newegg sqare at the right* [except now that square that had neweggs name on it is empty white].

Back