TechSpot

TSA now starts its security check of passengers before they arrive at the airport

By Shawn Knight
Oct 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Newly released documents reveal the Transportation Security Administration is preparing to broaden its pre-screening process for airline travelers. The agency already cross-references flight manifests with a terror watch list but according to the New York Times, the TSA can now...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,035   +914

As long as it keeps people safe, I am fine with it.

Arris and Skidmarksdeluxe like this.
  3. Just have a TSA in every home. Much easier! Everyone is safe!

abysal likes this.
  4. Those who are willing to give up liberty in place of security deserve neither.

lmike6453, abysal and davislane1 like this.
  5. p51d007

p51d007 TS Booster Posts: 336   +51

Israel starts watching you the minute you step foot onto the airport parking lot. By the time you reach check in, they have profiled you enough to know if they should pull you out of line or not.

6. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,452   +562

This is an excellent point and the reason I support full-on martial law over this half-baked TSA nonsense.

7. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,951   +388

If this is done, it should only be done to streamline the current processes as it is. Its practically just a background check. Im not willing to give up liberty but honestly I already expect airlines to know everything about me as it is at this point.

8. Marital law?

9. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,452   +562

Good catch. Post corrected.

10. NuguPabo

NuguPabo TS Rookie

As long as it keeps people safe, I am fine with it.

Just have a hausfrau in every home. Much easier! Everyone is safe!

Those who are willing to give up liberty in place of security deserve neither.

Women start watching you the minute you step foot outside the front door. By the time you reach home again, they have profiled you enough to know if they should put you back in line or not.

This is an excellent point and the reason I support full-on marital law over this half-baked living together nonsense.

If this is done, it should only be done to streamline the current processes. As it is, its practically just a background check. I'm not willing to give up liberty but honestly I already expect my wife to know everything about me as it is at this point.

Marital Law = Martial Law

lmike6453 and davislane1 like this.
  11. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Enthusiast Posts: 195   +24

Any chance of this reducing waiting times at the airport?

12. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,207   +776

That's ridiculous. In this day & age you have to be prepared to give up a bit of liberty for security. Ben Franklin didn't live in today's times so his quote is not always relevant. If you hadn't noticed, today's times have changed just a bit from his time.

Arris likes this.
  13. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,135   +1,527

That phrase is not ridiculous. It was taken out of context when implemented here. Even during that time people had to give up their liberties while not at home so others could maintain their security when at home. The context of that phrase is the ability to protect yourself while at home.

14. Seems like a good move. Technology is making life tough for criminals and terrorists while average folks - with their big screen TVs and self-driving cars - are loving life. It's a good time to be alive!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.