TechSpot

TSA to ban uncharged mobile devices from flights bound for the US

By Shawn Knight
Jul 7, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. International travelers destined for the US will need to make sure their electronic gadgets are charged before heading to the airport. That's because the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) on Sunday announced new restrictions against mobile devices that are unable to...

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

Looks like the US is turning into the new EU parliment... passing bizzare and outright stupid laws, bills and banning stuff that make no sense what so ever...

3. Emexrulsier

Emexrulsier TS Guru Posts: 513   +46

I think its stupid all these checks. Like when the ask mums to open babies milk containers and drink some. Im sure last time I checked the average suicide bomber wasn't a 20 something single white woman!

4. Nima304

Nima304 TS Guru Posts: 365   +81

I hate you, the TSA, anyone that's reading this, and anyone that's alive right now. God damnit.

5. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

I'm gonna arrive at the US with a seperate bag full of phones with no batteries just playdoe where the batteries used to be.

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,559   +2,900

I'm so glad I don't have to fly. And with regulations like this, I probably won't be flying either.

7. Hasbean

Hasbean TS Enthusiast Posts: 98   +22

Home of the free? Land of the Brave?

8. Hasbean

Hasbean TS Enthusiast Posts: 98   +22

Surely, this does not make sense. Why allow any charged items on planes going to the US. They should be taken without batteries as they are obviously a potential power source for a trigger.

Much easier than having to carry matches in your socks or underpants!

9. Nilbud

Nilbud TS Enthusiast Posts: 33   +10

Real countries don't do this stupid ****.

10. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TS Guru Posts: 306   +62

It's okay TSA, I brought my portable battery charger!

I could totally power up my dead devices!

11. Nicragomi

Nicragomi TS Rookie

[/quote]In addition to mobile devices, the TSA will also be performing closer checks on passengers' shoes.

12. j05hh

j05hh TS Booster Posts: 140   +22

Sandals will no longer be allowed to wear during a flight. TSA needs to look at your smelly shoes!

13. Frank Barnett

Frank Barnett TS Rookie Posts: 61   +6

Wow some really dumb comments. Some people need some help that this forum can not provide.

14. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,156   +1,431

Deep cavity check-point, the American way:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  15. Seventh Reign

Seventh Reign TS Booster Posts: 131   +65

Turning into ??? Have you ever read some of the (still active) laws in the US? We are wayyyy past that point.

16. Seventh Reign

Seventh Reign TS Booster Posts: 131   +65

Obviously, because the NSA cant implant its secret monitoring software if the device has no power.

17. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,565   +2,373

You work at the TSA head office, don't you? It's okay: I won't judge you. People need to make a living...sometimes any way they can.

Jad Chaar likes this.
  18. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Evangelist Posts: 1,104   +346

lol that's a good way to get sent back to where you just came from or maybe spend the night at the airport.

19. Lionvibez

No he's right.

Some of you act like you will go to the airport and actually have some kinda power do ****. They will lock you up faster than you can say mommy and you will be crying like a little school girl.

20. davislane1

No, he's just as full of it as the TSA admins. And since when does mocking a government agency translate to being belligerent in an airport?

21. Lionvibez

Agreed the TSA admins are full of it but that's usually what happens when you get a badge and abit of power.

It doesn't but that is all that can be done is mocking them on the internet, when you step in the airport its "Yes sir or Yes ma'am" so whats the point of trying to be hard on the internet.

22. davislane1

I think you're mistaking ridicule for bravado. The point of Internet mockery is merely to express our displeasure with the agency and the various Supreme Badge Wielders who run and oversee it. It's not the TSA employees* we have an issue with; it's the people behind the curtain. Hell, I've personally witnessed more than a few TSA employees lament to disgruntled travelers that X or Y regulation is complete dog squeeze.

In any event, it's better to express disapproval to deaf ears than to validate their abuses and inefficiencies with silence.

*This clearly does not apply to the handful of thugs and frustrated middle-aged Badge Warriors sometimes employed by the TSA.

23. Lionvibez

Understood davislane1.

VitalyT photoshopped picture is quite funny.

24. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,559   +2,900

Just make sure your sandals will powerup and you will be fine.

25. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,706   +1,887

Well, you have to check people in her demographic as well. Otherwise, the Al Qaeda sympathizer trying to board the plane with a fully armed suicide vest, will have grounds for a discrimination lawsuit.....