Turn your boring LinkedIn profile into a vivid portfolio

By Shawn Knight
May 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. LinkedIn is bolstering member profiles today by launching a new feature that lets users showcase their professional story through rich, visual content. In other words, you can now add photos, videos and even presentations to your profile to help showcase...

Read more
  2. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,284   +231

Oh great... The first step on the road to the cluttered chaos that was the old Myspace profiles! Augh!

I rather liked that LinkedIn was spartan and utilitarian. Figured it was best to keep it simple, let the sparkly frilly unnecessary stuff live on the users' websites... Hope it doesn't get out of hand.
  3. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,580   +488

This will introduce competition between profiles going completely the wrong way.

People looking for job must just state facts from their career, and not be worried about the layout. LinkedIn should keep it unified.

And adding videos may turn it into a Youtube-like zoo.
    Relic likes this.
  4. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

"In keeping with the spirit of LinkedIn being a social network at its core, members are also encouraged to ?like? or comment on content that others have posted."

Really? Uggg!

Where is my web 3.0, 2.0 is doing my head in...
  5. It may be time to drop out of linked in. I haven't logged into my profile in a long time anyhow.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.