Turning off my heat safety restraints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My laptop (Dell D600) Has gotten shaken around a bit and now its reading my tempatures as higher than they are. Is it possible for me to turn off my saftey restraints so that my performance doesn't get cut? I really need to use this computer to play games and edit video and I'd much rather fix this one than buy a new one. I can provide with any information needed.

If you are capable, take apart your machine and clean the dust off the inside of your laptop with compressed air. Chances are your laptop needs a good cleaning.

I would but as it is now, my laptop is not getting psychically hot, rather the tempature scale shows it a good 30-40 Degrees F above what it was before this incident.

Ahh I see. So your laptop fall down and go boom. In that case if you don't mind risking your computer and you're sure a fan hasn't stopped running, then you should be able to turn off the heat monitor, but a better idea might be to allow the computer to get "hotter" instead. You have to go into your BIOS and set the alarm or shutdown temperature to a higher level. If your computer is actually saying that it's running 20 degrees hotter than it did before the accident then you can probably turn the shutoff temp 20 degrees higher without a problem.

Kajajabinini said:
My laptop (Dell D600) Has gotten shaken around a bit and now its reading my tempatures as higher than they are.
In other words, heatsinks have gotten loose? If its warranty has expired, I'd open it and reattach them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back