Tutorial on using partition magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawls31

Hey guy's,just wondering if anybody knows of a good tutorial on using partition magic,and maybe adding another OS.
Thanks people.

Maybe try the Partition Magic manual? :p

As for adding another operating system, it depends on what kind of an OS you intend to add. It is always better to let the OS installer itself mess around with partitions and you should do in PM only those things the installer is not able to.

The important part is the order of install of the OS... WXPP expects to be first. WXPH will only tolerate WXPP. If using WXP, it must be installed before any other OS, for best results.
As for Partition Magic, version 8.0 has everything you need in the install or on the disc... don't know about the others.

raybay said:
The important part is the order of install of the OS... WXPP expects to be first. WXPH will only tolerate WXPP. If using WXP, it must be installed before any other OS, for best results.
Actually, when it comes to Microsoft's operating systems, their installation order is the oldest first.

After them you can install other operating systems (Linux, BSD, Zeta, ...) in pretty much any order.

Thanks for the replies

Thanks for your input.
I have partition magic 8.0 and I wanted to partition my hd so I could install Linux.
I was having problems with it and got road rage I guess I just gave up to easy.
I'll try again when I calm down.Thanks again for the input.

Any modern user-friendly Linux distro is able to resize the Windows partitions and create its own Linux partitions, so try it without Partition Magic first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back