TV Card, SVideo and colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilomil

Hey

I have tried connecting my DVD player to my TV Card so that I can watch a movie on my comp. It works fine when I use composite cable for the picture, but I would rather connect it via the SVideo cable (which should give better quality). When I connect with svideo though, the picture is black and white.
What's wrong and how do I get colours when using the svideo?

Edit; Forgot to mention that I use an Asus7135 tv card, and I use the program Fly2000. I have tried with the asus program that came with the card too, but it didnt work either.

~Kilomil

Wow that looks techie.
I dont think it's the way to do it in my case though. I dont have the scart adapter. Also I'm not trying to get the computer on the tv monitor, rather getting the DVD Player on the computer through my tv card.
I'm sure there's another method. I know the problem of getting b/w when trying to get computer on the tv monitor. I cant remember how I solvled that but I think it was a matter of configuring the graphics card, which is what is used.

I just dont knwo what to do when it's the TV card I use.

Best regards
Kilomil

Hmm I didnt realize that I actually dont even have a picture. I did when I used a scart adaptor, but it was on I had borrowed and I have just plugged my s-video directly into the dvd now. But when I used the scart adaptor it was b/w.
hmm, maybe I need a reboot....

~Kilomil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back