TV looks a little blurry with a lot of action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan29121

I just purchased a Samsung 40" 1080p LCD tv 10000:1 contrast, 6ms response, or 8ms I cant remember. I have a first gen xbox 360 (no HDMI) hooked up to it with the component HD plugs and I notice that when there is alot of motion displayed, the tv displays it kind of blurry. When I am watching normal HD TV the blurryness does not appear. Also It does this when I am watching a DVD in my DVD player that is only connected through standard component (red, white, yellow). Is this just because I am using the component connection? Thanks in advance for your help regarding this issue.

Are you using red white and yellow (composite) for the xbox360? If so I would think that is your problem. You need to be using Component (Red, Green, Blue) if at all possible.

for the xbox 360 I am using the HD composite so the blue green red. For the DVD player I am using the red, white, yellow because I have no HDMI cable at the moment.

For the DVD player its normal, but for my xbox 360 I'm using the same plugs as you and I don't notice it, and I'm not using full 1080p. Also have you adjusted the settings on your 360 to make sure that the HD its displaying in is full 1080p.

The Dashboard.

System Tab > Console Settings > Display > HDTV Settings

What is the current output, if nots full 1080p try changing it to that.

I fixed it. I forgot about the little switch on the side of the connector attached to the xbox. It was set on "TV" so i switched it to "HDTV" and it automatically set it to 1080p and now it looks great. Big difference!

I was going to say that, but I figured you had already since you said you had the HD wires hooked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back