TV Mounts

ckolbas

First off I appologize cause I am sure that this is posted in the wrong area, but I couldn't find a area that it really fit! Now, I am looking for a way to set my tv on a shelf but I want boxes underneath for my cable box; dvd player; and laptop. Anyone know of any websites/stores out there that might have something like this?

I tried to post a pic of something that is similar that I want but I couldn't figure out how to do that either...sorry I am still learning all the little tricks with forums in general!

Thanks!
ckolbas

ecenter.jpg

Something like that?

Best Buy or Circut City will sell you tv stands like that.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I wanted this to be elavated. That exact idea except the top shelf being about 4 1/2 feet off of the ground.

Thanks!
ckolbas

They make wall mounted stuff, but you won't have a box to set DVD player, etc on. It's just a shelf. My in-laws have one, it's pretty sweet.

I made a custom one...it looks pretty tight. When I get it all painted and up on the wall I will post a picture of it.

Thanks for the ideas though
Christian

That is exactly what I was thinking. I did find something at Best Buy that was very SIMILAR to what I wanted. But, like I told my g/f it wasn't exactly what I wanted and it was 300 dollars. I built my shelf for 70...paint; sandpaper; brush...etc Ya I have the time invested into it but it is still a way better deal in my book

I bought a shelf a lot like SNGX1275's at Costco for $200. It came with a wall mount and also had swivel mount that could connect to it with a black post that wires can run through. I use the wall mount with my TV on that wall above the shelf (about four foot off the floor and the center channel speaker is hiding the wires.) I also use the swivel mount in my kids room. I screwed the post to the wall for use with a smaller TV.

That sounds like a good idea too. Would you mind throwing a picture of it up? I am trying to get as many different ideas as I can cause I don't know if I am going to stick with the shelf that I built. I like it but it is going to need to be adjusted a little.

Thanks,
Ckolbas

Back