TV = no hardware accel. Monitor = yes hardware accel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agi_shi

Well, I had my TV connected to my graphics card with the yellow port (what do you call that?) and my monitor connected to the DVI port (BTW, X850XT).

I was downloading the Prey demo (wanted to see the portals again, I plan on making a tech-demo portals game myself; yes I'm a coder =) [C++]) and decided to play a little XMoto while it's downloading (all that applies is that XMoto uses hardware acceleration, OpenGL).

All was fine and stuff, monitor showed the game good, TV showed the game good. Then, it got done so I move it over to another folder and started a movie my mom wanted to watch on the TV (darn it, couldn't test out Prey) from the pc. Well, I start it and on my monitor I perfectly get the video, everything. But on the TV, I just get a brown-ish color in the box the video is supposed to be playing in...

I restarted my pc, checked the connection, and still nothing.... what happened? Monitor was fine, TV gave me brown. Interesting thing was, windows and everything was fine. Just the part where the movie is supposed to play didn't show.

I figured probably something happened with the HW accel, so I went in the options and disabled the hardware overlay option. And, what do you know? Monitor is fine with it (again), but the TV is now fine with it as well....

And the interesting part is that the TV was fine with hardware acceleration before!

Heres another interesting thing: my graphics card just decides to ramp up it's fan to 100% randomly during movies. I don't know why, it just does it. Only when the tv is connected though. Just the monitor, then nothing. And I don't have any problems with my vid card - games, movies, everything works fine and fast (and not hot)...

Ideas?

what are you using to play the movie. some programs, such as windows media player, will only play video on your primary display by default.

TV-out does not support video overlays. Disable using overlays in your media player program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back