TV-out problem with Geforce 6600GT

By Kokovartalo
Nov 30, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey!

I have just upgraded my MB and memory. And when I put on my tv-out option (Clone view) the tv shows strange vertical and horizontal waving lines. This happened suddenly after the upgrade. I saw that people have problem with B&W pictures but mine is little bit different. You can see the colors but the picture has wavy lines. I´m using S-video cable between the computer and TV. What is also strange that when I boot my machine the picture is fine on my TV until the Windows loading screen appears.

SPecs are: ASUS A7V600-X, 512 MB 400MHZ DDR, GEFORCE 6600GT, NEXUS 300W
  2. kirock

kirock Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,598

Go to ASUS web site and download the latest mobo chipset drivers for your A7V600-X. Also reseat your video card and RAM, maybe a loose connection after replacing mobo.
  3. Kokovartalo

Kokovartalo Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thanks. I´ll try that.
  4. Kokovartalo

That didn´t work. I also tried different cable and Tvtool but nuthin works. The same irritating lines across the screen
  5. Kokovartalo

I bought a new s-video cable with golden plugs and the quality of the picture improved a little bit. Could it still be a broken card?? I forgot to tell the whole specs: MSI NX6600GT 128MB
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.