TV Tuner for W7

learninmypc

I'm looking for an inexpensive TV tuner for my W7. I googled such & would prefer a USB one if easiest. Any help? What specs do you need? I'll try to get them. :)

I thought about buying one over a year ago and there wasn't much available. What there was had been around a long time. Reviews were not impressive and there were questions about Windows compatibility. Streaming is so easy now that they are pretty well obsolescent. I'm thinking that an app for a tablets will do a better job than a usb tuner.

I thought about buying one over a year ago and there wasn't much available. What there was had been around a long time. Reviews were not impressive and there were questions about Windows compatibility. Streaming is so easy now that they are pretty well obsolescent. I'm thinking that an app for a tablets will do a better job than a usb tuner.
I've thought of getting one for a while but when I visited a friend last week we watched tv on his PC, the only thing I didn't like about it was it wasn't full screen like live streaming is.
BUT, it would still be better picture quality than my NOT flat screen tv.
Mainly want it to watch the #Seahawks games. :)

The most promising I saw were by Hauppauge but they are rather expensive and the small portable aerials are pretty useless unless you are practically next to a transmitter. The more reviews I read the less interested I got.

Really need HDHomeRun to record. NewEgg sells this for less than $90. I own two of these. Price was $59 at the time though. They've gone up because more have cut the cord from CATV.

HDHR4-2US

Back