TWEAK UI ruined my icons,

Status
Not open for further replies.

compuser2

Yesterday i downloaded tweak ui then out of curiosity i clicked explorer then shortcuts and clicked light arrow in shortcut overlay menu.

SS

Then after that my icons turned to windows 98 icons!
SS

I tried changing it back by clicking those options in tweak ui but unfortunately it my icons didnt came back. By the way these is in 16 bits colors. When im changing it to 32 bits all my icons are change back to windows xp's.

Kindly help me please!

lewekleonek said:
Looks like Tweak UI is not compatible with Japanese Windows XP.

Hi and thankyou for your reply. Well i forgot to tell that im using a japanese OS. So now what can i do to change my icons back to normal?

By the way these is in 16 bits colors. When im changing it to 32 bits all my icons are change back to windows xp's.

Just curious. Why do you want to run in 16bit colour?

I agree with Jimbo420. Try system restore.

Regards Howard :)

The icon color depth is in registry, in HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Control Panel \ Desktop \ WindowMetrics \ Shell Icon BPP.

You could try setting it to 32 (string).

howard_hopkinso said:
Just curious. Why do you want to run in 16bit colour?

I agree with Jimbo420. Try system restore.

Regards Howard :)

Because 32bit colour makes me so dizzy. By the way does that make any sense?
I believe that lowering the colours used would make your eyes more comfortable, right? :haha:

Peddant said:
Other things to try -
1.Go to display properties/Themes and try switching themes.
2.Try this - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairicons.htm
3.Try creating a new profile and see if they come back.

Oh my god that did the job. Hey thankyou you all so much for helping me out! I tried everything that i can do. I gave up actually and been thinking of re-installing windows. But hey after a month i visited this site again (i forgot that i wrote a thread for my problem here) and then viola!! Thankyou so so much guys! :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back