Two computers on one braodband connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie30001

Hey, i dont no much about computers (as you have probably seen in my other posts) so this question is probably soooooo stupid,but ne way..............

I want to have both my computers hooked up to the internet (one laptop, and one desktop pc) But i want to be able to use each one with out the other one being on.......know what i mean?....i herd of things were you have the main internet hooked up to one pc that has to be on to get the other pc on the internet.......i dont want that....i want to be able to use the internet on either of the computers with out the other computer being on.........

Thanks......if u can help me.... :)

Me myself, I prefer using router. Its cheap fast and easy to configure. Great for file sharing between pc's and for broadband I run both computers online gaming at the same time with excellent results....:)

Just buy a switch and plug both into that or A wireless access point.I have 3 puters hooked up to my cable and dont have any problems

If you want internet while both computers are turned on you need to get yourself a router. Plenty of guides out there (and in here) on how to set up internet connection sharing using a router.
If you want to access internet from only one computer at a time then all you need is a hub or a switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back