Two-Factor Authentication: Common Practices and Where to Enable It

There is evidently something wrong with the way the article was set up. As you say there is no link to go to forum mode to post comments. However, if I click on "Post a comment," it will bring up a dialog box to post a comment although still no link to forum mode. I'll bring this to the attention of our Admin.

Had email based 2FA for my mail accounts at one point, boy, that was fun. Trying to log in from my country house computer, Google would send the code to Hotmail, which would send it to Yahoo, which told me that my computer wasn't recognized cause of the different IP. Loved it.

Ended up accessing my mail from my phone and removing the damn thing altogether. :)

Had email based 2FA for my mail accounts at one point, boy, that was fun. Trying to log in from my country house computer, Google would send the code to Hotmail, which would send it to Yahoo, which told me that my computer wasn't recognized cause of the different IP. Loved it.

Ended up accessing my mail from my phone and removing the damn thing altogether. :)
Sounds painful. I had to set up something that worked with my company's legacy Lotus Notes systems. Ended up using Vasco, who had a product that worked with Notes. Although no one in the company seemed to know much about it and much learning and troubleshooting had to be done. It's generally a pain in the *** for implementation and for users.

There is evidently something wrong with the way the article was set up. As you say there is no link to go to forum mode to post comments. However, if I click on "Post a comment," it will bring up a dialog box to post a comment although still no link to forum mode. I'll bring this to the attention of our Admin.

If I put something in the input box on the article and click "Post comment" I get an alert that simply says "An error occurred, please try again"

Same here, had to post in forum mode. Was on mobile though, thought there was something wrong on my end.

Just waking up here... not sure what the issue was, maybe caching or some other but it's working properly now. I'll be watching out for any issues on future articles since we haven't had any related bugs or similar issues in the past.

Thanks for reporting!

Back