Two Instances of "HD Audio" In Device Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genome852

After having Creative drivers conflict with Realtek drivers (which totally crapped out my computer), I just did a clean install of XP.

Then, I disabled Azalia Codec (the onboard audio) from the BIOS, but Windows still detected it in device manager as "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus". I'm pretty sure it's the onboard audio, since by rightclicking it and selecting properties it says the location is "Location 65535 (Internal High Definition Audio".

After I turn Azalia Codec back to auto (from the BIOS) and boot up Windows, it detects it a SECOND time! Both devices are listed even though they are the same thing!

The last time this happened, it messed up all sound output from my PC... so does anyone know why this happens, and how to delete the instances permanently? By rightclicking the devices and selecting uninstall, Windows still detects both after the next bootup!

i've seen where you have to disable other things in the bios like game comntrollers and stuff to get the onboard card completely outta there. If you ever notice your sound in device manager has a bunch of stuff grouped along with it so all that has to be disabled as well

I got it!

One was onboard, the other was actually the HDMI audio from my ATI card... The Location parameter was misleading.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back