Two monitors. Working individually - just not [together]

I have two "LG ips led monitor's" and they both work, with an HDMI. But when trying to connect with a VGA they wont work.

The problem here is I am trying to hook up two monitors to my PC. So I have to use the VGA, since I dont think the two HDMI input plugs will do the trick.

whats a problem you see me facing if your a pro here?

I cant seem to get them both working. Once one is on (the one Im using a.t.m.) the other simply says HDMI 1 not detected and shuts off the screen.

Why wont it work with the VGA at all? And what else am I doing wrong here?

Go into display properties and select span displays.

Or if running Windows 7, 8, or 10 press "Windows Key + P" for projection menu.

The monitors isnt even registering the PC though, so I need it to first become part of the PCs hardware.

I dont think its faulty cords. As long as theres two HDMI input plugs, wouldnt that suggest my PC can use two HDMI readouts? Or do I need software downloaded for such a thing

I needed a HDMI/DVI adapter and I plugged it into the slot. The solution which I hope will help others, is that with monitors the input slots on a PC's tower must be on the actual video cards slots.

If your plugging the monitors into regular HDMI or VGA slots, and the graphics card isn't on the other side (inside the tower, which you might have to open to see where it is) it won't register.

Back