Two monitors???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnick

Hi, i know that my computer can handle 2 monittors becuz the video card i have gives me that option. My computer, however only has ONE serial cable and can only hook up one monitor, is there anyway to get like a serial==>USB cable or anything that can hook up a monitor without a serial or some stuff like that?
please reply rapidamente
Gato==> pantalones

The 15-pin connector on a monitor is not a serial cable, it's a VGA 15-pin; and while you CAN split a single VGA cable, the end result is a clone/copy of the original signal (but likely a bit weaker/blurrier as splitting a vga signal can reduce signal quality).

True dual-monitor allows you to extend your desktop across both monitors or other custom selections so the image on both monitors isn't simply a carbon-copy of the same.

Your videocard probably support TV-Out, which is similar to dual-monitor support, but is limited to SVideo or Composite signal to a secondary monitor. This will allow dual-monitor support, but the secondary display will be limited in resolution and require a composite monitor or TV.

You connect your TV-out to a television set and you don't use it with a secondary monitor. Well, unless your monitor happens to have composite/SVHS input.

if i were to split a 15 bit cable thing, or whatever, how poor would the quality be on thew new monitor

coud this help, im just trying to find a way to gettwo monitors working on my computer at the same time independently
TRENDnet TK-V200S Video Splitter - Retail

No, you can't use a video splitter to get two independent monitors. If you want to get two different images from one video output, then you need the Matrox DualHead2Go product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back