Two NVidia cards poss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fish4specs

I had two video cards in my system. An Asylum Geforce FX5200 AGP 256mb (single head) and a 3Dfx Voodoo4 PCI card (for second monitor). I replaced both with an eVGA e-Geforce 6200 AGP 256mb (two head - both monitors on one card) but my video editing program suffered (serious lag when scrubbing video) so I've reinstalled Asylum and Voodoo cards. I also tried the 6200 with the Voodoo4 but program still had lag. Guess Canopus Edius doesn't like the 6200. I would like to replace the Voodoo4 card with something better. Is it possible to use an Nvidia 5200 or 5500 PCI card with the Asylum card. Will there be a problem with both using the same driver? Should driver be installed a second time in different location?
OR
Since editing program functions properly with FX5200 would a newer dual head FX5200 be better? Would performance suffer sharing resources between two monitors?
System:
AMD Athlon64 3700+
2 Gig DDR400
ASRock 939Dual-SATA2
Asylum Geforce 5200 AGP 256mb
3Dfx Voodoo4 PCI 32mb
Edius NX PCIe x1

In theory you can stick any number of PCI video cards in your system and it should work. I'd say, with such a big company like nVidia, the drivers are able to cope with several cards, especially if they are not identical.

Matrox is always a sure bet for multi-anything (unless you want stellar 3D performance of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back