Two random issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently not having major issues, there's one thing but I have a hunch that it's unrelated. Computer is virus/adware/etc. there's nothing that I don't want running and I'm a fairly savvy user. Now here's the two issues:

Sometimes the internet just kinda dies but today it acted strangely, I tried to open up a new site in either firefox or IE and it was as if the computer knew it was not going to happen and that firefox didn't even try it seemed. You'd hit enter on the tab and it would remain the way it was, no error page...IE went directly to the page could not load. Mind you I'm still connected to IM and IRC, so I logoff IRC and attempt to reconnect and receive "no buffer space available" error. Having looked this up, I couldn't really get a reliable reason as to how to fix my specific issue...I have already altered the number of tcp/ip connections to allegedly prevent dumb stuff like that. I released and renewed my connections and restarted the router...worked temporarily but then ultimately rebooted once the error appeared again. Event log didn't really show anything useful, no errors or strange networking occurances. I did check netstat -e -n and there were a lot of bytes, more than my RAM received.

The other issue is when I reboot and check event log after strange things like that which occasionally happen, I find a "computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" message. After rebooting I saw this save dump event:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xbad0b158, 0x00000000, 0x8056ea22, 0x00000000). A full dump was not saved.

EDIT: out of curiosity I wanted to see system failure options and although I was very certain automatic restart was turned off, apparently it is not, but a full memory dump is enabled so any errors that it attempts to write the dump it displays the blue screen.

This occurs after the computer is booting up and as far as I can tell there isn't a reboot on top of the restart I ordered. My best guess is something didn't close properly on shutdown. As said, I'm not experiencing random crashes, strange failures, "real" bluescreens. I'm not really alarmed but just can't figure out myself why that bugcheck is happening and 0x050 is paging memory in a nonpaged area but that's the STOP error which I technically have had once but it probably had more to do with running some of the old games I own with fairly leaky programming imo.

Just to note, the one random reboot that I haven't been able to recreate lately but has happened in the past is the handful of racing games I own would randomly reboot in the middle of play (sound jams together, frozen screen, then bluescreen) with the most useless STOP error IIRC regarding IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I can pull it up but you're probably familiar with me referring to it as the one that could be anything from RAM, driver conflicts. Recently I have been playing these games again and have yet to reproduce these errors running these games (rfactor, gtr2, gtr) but I am running them without my racing wheel and without fullscreen mode. I right now tend to blame either of those for causing the reboot.

Hopefully someone can give me some ideas, thanks.

For clarification, did you or did you not run a scan for possible infections? Your issues with the internet make me suspicious

That IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL is an 0xA error and these are either caused by hardware or drivers attempting an IRQ Level that they shouldn't.

As with the 0x50 it can be RAM, antivirus software, etc.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

* Will be interesting to read when and if you get minidump files.

There's no unwanted things running on this computer, a scan is not going to reveal anything but false positives. I know exactly what spybot, my AV, and hjt is gonna come up with.

I understand what those two errors mean more or less, as to their relation I don't know. The RAM has actually been replaced and I have had this issue persist through the replacement of all my RAM so as far as I know it's not the ram. Also was memtested, both of them with no problems. The hard drive has not had diagnostics but I've had two externals fail and replaced with a few internals instead. With the current drives; absolutely no issues retrieving, files haven't failed running and such...there's no reason for me to think hard drive is at fault. I do not know if there is still linkage to things that were located on one of those drives (unused mapping letters now) and that is causing the problem, dunno. If my event logger starts once and reports the bugcheck 1 second later with only one thing mentioning Intel dual core etc., does that mean this error is happening on shutdown? My startups are very fast but my computer is usually on for a while before restarting and it doesn't take a lifetime but it takes a while to shutdown, minute or two while saving settings and things.

As far as device conflict, not sure...a lot of things are on the same IRQ...all USB, sound, and video are on the same IRQ but that can't be changed in XP and from what I've read apparently that rarely matters anymore.

EDIT: checked for minidumps, it does not exist and there is no record of them besides what's in the event log. Yes its all enabled of course.

There's no unwanted things running on this computer, a scan is not going to reveal anything but false positives. I know exactly what spybot, my AV, and hjt is gonna come up with.

And that is? O.o

Have you updated your drivers?

Only the inexperienced would make a statement like this!

If you focuses and got those 'random issues' down to just the information without all the denials, you might get help.

I suppose you already know what a good troubleshooter the Event Viewer can be, finding Errors that correspond to the 'random issues', have already decided there are no errors there.

Only the inexperienced would make a statement like this!

Really? There are 0 adware, 0 viruses, on this comp.

What exactly do you mean by
If you focuses and got those 'random issues' down to just the information without all the denials, you might get help.

I gave as much of a full description of everything relevant, if you wish to talk down to someone asking for help...by all means I'll look somewhere else for help. I also do not know exactly what would be useful so I have to provide as much as possible.

And that is? O.o

Have you updated your drivers?

The hits I get are related to turning off various features of windows I don't want like...don't bother me about AV, firewall, updates, etc. I'll also get bugged about hyperlink files and "PUP"s. I haven't found anything I didn't expect for about 3-4 years.

Drivers haven't been changed for a long time either, I don't run Crysis or anything and I've actually had to contact nvidia regarding issues and they said use the current forceware I have. It's 94.28 I believe, something actually quite old now.

My apology if I came over wrong- but it is very bothersome when someone asks for help and then goes on to tell us what the problem isn't!

My startups are very fast but my computer is usually on for a while before restarting and it doesn't take a lifetime but it takes a while to shutdown, minute or two while saving settings and things.
Use Event Viewer
Sometimes the internet just kinda dies but today it acted strangely, I tried to open up a new site in either firefox or IE and it was as if the computer knew it was not going to happen and that firefox didn't even try it seemed
That rambles. The traffic on the internet does become affected by the amount of traffic. Consider time of day. What does "strangely" mean?
frozen screen, then bluescreen) with the most useless STOP error IIRC regarding IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL
How do you know it's useless?

The point I want to make is that if you're going to have the conversation saying it isn't this and it isn't that but not reveal how you "know" that, then there's no progress. I accept the fact that you are knowledgeable- you must accept the fact that something we say pr ask you to do "might" make a difference!

That error IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL is an 0xA and it is far from useless. They are either caused by hardware or a driver attempting an IRQ Level it has no business doing and thus the system crashes.

Background info:
The error I had with that led to contacting nvidia and microsoft because the conflict couldn't be discovered. That's why I say it's a useless error message. I loaded the dumps for those in windbg and ended up with something along the lines of ntdll, nv_4.disp, things relating to video card. Changing drivers didn't resolve the issue, which is how nvidia was contacted and ultimately told me to use a specific forceware at the time but it didn't seem to resolve things either. This error at the moment is no longer recurring and I'm beginning to believe it was linked to my steering wheel (USB) as that hasn't been connected since.

On the save dump in eventlog issue:
I did some tracing of how long this has been going on. (the save dump in eventlog) It has occurred on every reboot/startup since a particular date and doesn't occur before mar 29th of this year. Here's how it's related, the physical BSOD I've seen was while playing XCOM UFO Defense (an old win95 version of said game) and I am unsure if it is the exact error but the type of error, page in nonpaged area was the reasoning behind it. I *should* have a full memory dump of this one. I went through all the files modified and tried to get an idea of what I did over the course of these few days before the next reboot had this save dump on it and besides some work and things that are run essentially every boot, that bsod is a likely culprit in my opinion. The memory dump file itself is corrupt in some manner, here it is attached. I can provide unanalyzed one as well.

On the buffer space issue:
Sometimes the internet just kinda dies but today it acted strangely, I tried to open up a new site in either firefox or IE and it was as if the computer knew it was not going to happen and that firefox didn't even try it seemed
That rambles. The traffic on the internet does become affected by the amount of traffic. Consider time of day. What does "strangely" mean?

Normally if our internet goes down and the router just gets rebooted, everyone's internet seems to stall, any application will attempt to make a connection and eventually timeout. This did not wait for a timeout...hitting enter in firefox to load a site loaded nothing but the symbol on the tab spun around for less than a tenth of a second, IE immediately went to "page could not be display"...again no timeout...normally it takes 30-60 seconds before these apps will giveup. It certainly was different since all the connections die, this time I was still connected to IRC and my discovery that this was different came when I tried to see what happens if I attempt to disconnect and reconnect to IRC, that led to the error in the server window "no buffer space available" and the subsequent checking of netstat -en to see a very large number of bytes, definitely larger than my RAM. Not the first time I experienced this but it is fairly rare and has happened on another ISP altogether (not at home).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back