Two types of Sapphire 9800 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caxus

Ok, i'm getting really close to buying a 9800 pro and i've decided that i want the sapphire but i'm a bit confused because new egg seems to have two different oem sapphire 9800 pros. One of them is about $350 and from the picture link is the type that looks identical to the ati version. The other is the one that has the sapphire fan on it which i THOUGHT was the newer batch but those are only about $300. I'm wondering why there would be so much of a price difference between the two when i would think that they would be identical except for looks.

The cheaper one actually seems to use the floppy drive power connection. Would that have any bearing at all on the performance of the card?

The Cheaper one does use a floppy drive connector for power rather than the standard molex connector of the $350 one. The $350 is an exact copy of the ATi reference design, just build for ATi by Sapphire, whereas the $300 is Sapphires own design card with its own fan. There shouldn't be any performance difference, but it may be worth finding out what speed the memory chips are on each if you are planning on overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back